Thursday 15 November 2007

Clegg and Huhne

One of the big downsides of being in a political party is fundraising. I'd rather give them £20 than have to do a jumble sale. But it doesn't seem to work that way. Perhaps I missed the meeting or just wasn't paying attention, but I've got stuck with organising this years Christmas Fair. And it's been a complete pain, and very nearly a disaster when I almost forgot to organise Traders Licenses, and with me being on the Licensing Committee, well you can imagine how bad that would have been. Thank you Licensing Department.

But having moaned my way through it, two phone calls cause a sudden change. 'Could Mr Clegg come to your Christmas Fair?' Why yes! that would be great. And then 'Could Mr Huhne come to your Christmas Fair?' oh yes, plenty of room. See the change from oppressed, irritated organiser to clipboard wielding 'I'm in charge Mr Clegg, step this way for photos, raffle tickets, and would you like a pasty Mr Clegg?'. Sometimes I embarrass myself. But I am in charge.

No comments: